- Click Start, Run and type regedit
- Navigate to KEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Services\Tcpip\Linkage
- In the right pane, double-click Bind.
- In the Value data box, select the "\Device\NdisWanIp" item, press CTRL+X, click the top of the list of devices, and then press CTRL+V.
- Click OK, and then quit Registry Editor.
Thursday, 26 May 2011
Windows XP Remote Access Connections Binding Order
When using Remote Access Connections in Windows XP you may find that despite the connection being active no data traverses this connection and/or DNS requests for this connection do not get submitted to the the DNS server associated with the connection. You would expect it to use the device that is highest in the binding order however it is not doing so. To resolve this we can change the binding order in the registry: