- Load the VMware vSphere Client and select the host.
- Click the Configuration tab and choose Networking.
- Click on Properties for the Virtual Switch in question.
- Click Edit next to either the Virtual Switch or Port Group (which to choose depends on your requirements however Port Groups will overide Virtual Switches).
- Select the NIC Teaming tab and set Notify Switches to No.
- Click OK and close the Properties box.
Friday, 8 April 2011
Network Load Balancing on VMware
When using Network Load Balancing (NLB) on VMware (or doing a PtoV conversion where NLB exists) be aware that while Multicast works without making any changes to the configuration for Unicast you will need to modify the NIC adapters on the HOST to prevert PARP packet transmission on the virtual switch or on the port group.